See, I told you, appropriately confident.

I did a provisional cast on, knit until I had about double the depth of fabric I wanted for the turned hem, then freed up the end of my provisional cast on and yoinked it.

As I did, it slipped out of my work, one beautiful, perfect stitch at a time, and I caught those newly freed stitches on a spare needle.

And now…now I’ll do a weird foldy upy bit where I get the live stitches mashed up next to each other with the wrong sides of my fabric together and the right side facing out, and I’ll knit the newly captured stitches together with their more recently created brethren, and order shall reign throughout the land.

At least that’s the idea.

Hold tight…