Ok, how about a general Q&A post about the upcoming pattern!
1) It’s coming out Tuesday (standard disclaimer, about assuming no massive catastrophe befalls me or mine between now and then goes here)! Make sure you’re on the mailing list if you want me to email you with a coupon when it comes out.
2) Yarn is specially dyed by Gauge Dye Works just for this pattern, and she’s got it up for sale now! One skein will make one hat in any size (I made a tall one for my giant 24.75″ head and had plenty left over).
3) You don’t have to use that yarn though! The pattern has lots of info on how to do it with a background color and a contrast color (it’s a great thing to do with a mini skein or leftovers from other projects). There’s also info there on how to use a long gradient skein (the kind that does one giant color shift over the whole skein) or even just a single skein without any color changes. Really it’s Super Super Duper Flexible, and I’ve got a whole page in there with lots of yarn guidance. You will not have any trouble finding a yarn that works for this!
4) All three hats (with three gorgeous crowns, seriously, scroll back through my posts to see them, the purple one is especially grand) are in there. Each hat is offered in ten sizes and four gauges, which means you’ll be able to use pretty much anything from heavy fingering up through heavy worsted yarn and fit pretty much anyone from a toddler up through a large adult.
5) The folks at Gauge Dye Works will be doing a little knit along, so if you’re feeling like you want to make this with some folks cheering you on, we can totally make that happen!
Ok, I’m guessing that’s most of the questions! If you have any others, leave them in comments and I’ll try and do one more post before it goes live rounding up any that pop up frequently.
Really though, this is way more fun than it has any right to be, I think you’re going to love it!