Not quite

You wouldn’t think one stitch would make that much difference.  But sometimes it does.

This was the first try at the decreases.  I used centered double decreases, stacked up in a nice neat line.  And while it gave the general rate of decrease I wanted, the line of decreases itself was just a little too sharp.  The top of your head would have looked rather like a screwdriver, and that’s not generally my goal.

So out it came (yes, ripping suck, yes, you should do it anyways).

And then I tried again with the decreases bumped apart by one measly little stitch.  A teeny tiny change, but it made all the difference. I’ll show it off properly (meaning on a head form so you can actually see it) here shortly.  But I promise it’s much better now.