Shoreland preorder schedule
I’m a big fan of keeping preorders short and sweet…so let’s see how much I can streamline this!
- Tuesday, November 19, noon Eastern time:
- Preorder opens for folks on my mailing list (I’ll send you an email with links to where you can buy either the paper or the electronic book).
- You’ll get the best price of the preorder ($3.00 off either the paper book or the ebook). This price only lasts an hour, so grab it quick!
- The first 300 folks to order the paper book on November 19 will get a little present in their packages. I expect these to go fast, so being on the mailing list and checking your email at noon (Eastern Time) is your best shot at getting the goody (I’ll make it clear if they’re still available, you’ll know before you buy if you’re in time).
- Tuesday, November 19, 1 pm Eastern time:
- General preorder opens for folks not on my mailing list (I’ll have a post here on the website with links to where you can buy the book).
- You’ll get $2.00 off either the paper book or the ebook.
- The first 300 folks to order the paper book on November 19 will get a little present in their packages. (I’ll make it clear if they’re still available, you’ll know before you buy if you’re in time).
- Friday, November 22, noon Eastern time:
- Preorder ends (you won’t be able to buy the paper book from me any more, you’ll need to wait for it to show up on amazon or in your LYS, the book will temporarily be unavailable on ravelry).
- I start stuffing envelopes!
- Tuesday, November 26, onward:
- Paper books ship.
- The electronic book goes live on ravelry at the regular price (if you’ve bought it during the preorder, you’ll get a message letting you know you can download the full version now).
- The paper book will start to be available in other places (like amazon and your LYS) over the next several weeks.
See, short and sweet! If you want the very best price and the best chance to get the nifty little extra I’ve made for the launch, be sure you’re on the mailing list. You can do that right here (you’ll need to be on the list by 9 am on November 19 to get the preorder email):
And just because I know some of the questions folks sometimes have, how about a few preemptive answers:
- Every paper copy of the book includes a unique download code that lets you put the book in your ravelry library for free. Just look inside the back cover and follow the instructions.
- The book costs $21.95 for the paper copy and $21.95 for the electronic copy. The preorder sale will reduce the price by $3.00 (during the mailing list period) or $2.00 (during the rest of the preorder).
- Shipping is $3.00 to the US and $5.00 to Canada. And I hate to do it, but I’m not shipping anywhere else for this book. The shipping is horrifyingly expensive (more than half what the book itself costs), and the rules for the EU’s VAT are too much to navigate for something I do so infrequently. If you’re in the EU or UK, the good folks at Arnall-Culliford Knitwear will have the book very soon and you can grab it from them. And I’m happy to work with your local yarn shop to either get books directly from me or to put them in touch with my overseas distributors. So you’ll still totally be able to get it…just not during the preorder. I know it’s frustrating, but it’s the only practical choice for me this time.
- Preorders will ship out within one week of your order (often sooner, but a week is what I feel comfortable promising), and you’ll get a notification and tracking number when they do.
If you have other questions, leave a comment here and I’ll do my best to answer them!