Firmament preorder schedule
I like to keep preorders short and sweet (because really…I want to get books out and in your hands as quickly as possible), but I wanted to spell out all the details in one place so everyone knows just what to expect!
- Tuesday, August 14, 11 am Eastern time:
- Preorder opens for folks on my mailing list (I’ll send you an email with links to where you can buy either the paper or the electronic book).
- You’ll get the best price of the preorder ($3.00 off either the paper book or the ebook). This price only lasts an hour, so grab it quick!
- The first 750 folks to order the paper book on August 14 will get a little present in their packages. I expect these to go fast, so being on the mailing list and checking your email at 11 am (Eastern Time) is your best shot at getting the goody (I’ll make it clear whether they’ve sold out so you’ll know before you buy if it’s still available).
- Tuesday, August 14, noon Eastern time:
- General preorder opens for folks not on my mailing list (I’ll have a post here on the website with links to where you can buy the book).
- You’ll get $2.00 off either the paper book or the ebook.
- The first 750 folks to order the paper book on August 14 will get a little present in their packages. (I’ll make it clear whether they’ve sold out so you’ll know before you buy if it’s still available).
- Tuesday, August 21, onward:
- The preorder ends, prices go back to normal.
- Paper books ship, and the full electronic version goes live on ravelry.
- The book will start to be available in other places (like amazon and your LYS) over the next several weeks.
That’s really all there is to it. If you want the very best price and the best chance to get the nifty little extra I’ve made for the launch, be sure you’re on the mailing list. You can do that right here (you’ll need to be on the list by 9 am on August 14 to get the preorder email):
And just because I know some of the questions folks sometimes have, how about a few preemptive answers:
- Every paper copy of the book includes a unique download code that lets you put the book in your ravelry library for free. Just look inside the back cover and follow the instructions.
- The book costs $19.95 for the paper copy and $19.95 for the electronic copy. The preorder sale will reduce the price of either by $3.00 during the mailing list period and $2.00 during the rest of the preorder.
- Shipping is $3.00 to the US, $6.00 to Canada and Mexico, and $10.00 to the rest of the world. I hate how expensive international shipping is, and I totally recommend waiting until the book is available at your LYS or on amazon (I promise I don’t mind, it’s totally what I’d do).
- Preorders will ship out within one week of your order, and you’ll get a notification and tracking number when they do.
If you have other questions, leave a comment here and I’ll do my best to answer them!