Take Two

The green mitt from the other day was destined for a rip.  It was just a wee bit too baggy, and I wanted the lace a the cuff to be a bit deeper.  I went down a needle size, which snugged the mitt up just enough.  I also added one more lace row to the cuff, which worked much better with the cowl.  I’m pleased to report that I didn’t repeat the blocking mistakes I made on the cowl.  I knew that the secret to maintaining the all important curled edge was to put the pins a few rows in, not all the way on the edge.  I sort of hate pins though, so I improvised using my mitt blockers and some little dpns.  A few small spring clamps from the hardware store completed the process.  It looked a bit silly, but worked perfectly.

The mitts and the cowl are up for testing on ravelry now, if anyone is interested.

Remember, today is the last day to enter to win the Dream in Color Everlasting yarn.  Just go back to the February 5 post for details.